Application / registration
Applicants who wish to participate in the Summer School must apply by 5 May 2018.
The selected participants will be notified by 31 May 2018.
Applicants should send us the following documents (written in English):
- signed application form
- résumé / curriculum vitae (max. 2 pages)
- letter of motivation that illustrates why you wish to participate in the Summer School and what you hope to gain from your participation (max. 1 page)
- a summary of current research / thesis project (max. 2 pages)
- a piece of research of max. 6,000 words (longer submissions will be discarded and may lead to non-admission)
- a letter of reference from a professor of your degree programme (not older than 2 months old)
Applicants who would like to present their own research to the teachers and participants of the Summer School (15 minute presentation) should also provide:
- the title of the proposed talk
- an abstract of c. 200 words
Please send the documents
- via email to: aethiopistik"AT"uni-hamburg.de (preferred)
- via mail to: University of Hamburg, Hiob Ludolf Centre for Ethiopian Studies, Alsterterrasse 1, 20354 Hamburg, Germany